Departure date of February 2021
The total price of the photo trip is $6,000 USD p.p. Confirmation price of $1,500 USD is only a deposit and reservation.
The number of participants is limited to 6 persons.
The experience photo tour is for all photography enthusiasts who want to travel and experience landscape at its best. You visit and photograph the most beautiful places in Norway at sunrise, sunset and during the night. On the journey you will learn everything related to the landscape, night and northern lights photography from the theory of image taking, planning to post-processing. We start with the theoretical and technical basics and apply them in the wonderful and breathtaking Lofoten Islands. We discuss the photos together and go into the post-processing. The goal of the trip is to return home with beautiful memories and excellent shots.
PHOTO TOUR PROGRAM
After landing safely in Lofoten Islands, you will be picked up by your tour guide in Windhoek and will receive your travel documents.
City tour of Windhoek (if time permits). You can spend the rest of the day for the purpose of leisure and relaxation.
DAY 02 – 08 – IN WORK
In order to offer the best care, the maximum number of participants is limited to 6. The minimum number of participants for the tour is 4 people. The trip is organized by the travel guide and photographer Alex Perez. Participation with English skills.
SO WHAT ARE YOU GETTING
• Two persons per room (i.e. shared double occupancy), unless single supplement option is exercised and secured at the time of payment of deposit.
• Ground Transport for the entire duration of the tour.
• All tourism taxes and park entry fees.
• All meals commencing with dinner and finishing with breakfast
• All beverages, excluding premium wines and liquors.
• Maximum Guide to client ratio of 1:3
• All accommodation/lodging costs.
• Continuous assistance with your photography and image processing by the guide.
• The services of a highly experienced local guide and driver.
• A highly experienced tour leader with great knowledge and experience of landscape photography.
• Airfare to and from Lofoten Islands, Norway
• Non-mealtime snacks and drinks
• Credit Card surcharges
• Any purchases of a personal natureTips and optional extra activities
• Travel Insurance
With the focus being on landscape and astro, you will ideally need to cover a focal length of 14-200mm.
The landscapes on this trip mostly require wide and mid focal lengths as a lot of the Lofoten Islands are close steep mountains. Expect to use your wide-range lens and a polariser a lot.
This trip has been planned to fall perfectly around the arctic northern lights – Having a dedicated astro lens like the Sigma 20mm f/1.4, 20mm f/1.8 will make a huge difference to your astro shots.
A lot of the shooting is done on snow and rocks, so it is critical that you have a tripod with some extra length – please do not bring compact/travel tripods as you will spend most of the time bent over your tripod.
Keeping Your Gear Clean
Expect a lot of snow, rain, sleet and wind – keeping your gear clean in this environment can be challenging. Weather sealed bodies and lens are preferred.